The
Bridgwater & District Civic Society

Homepage
Projects


Past Projects

2004

The Society restored the Victorian riverside crane at West Quay, involving the formation of a replacement wooden jib and its complete re-assembly. pics © J Napthine & P E Cattermole

unveiling lifting plaque


2000


The Society, with the involvement of students at Bridgwater College, undertook the restoration work to a buoy, originally located to guide shipping into the port of Bridgwater. This is located at the town's dockside, and commemorates the lifelong voluntary work for our community of Betty Dimes, member of the Society. pics © J Napthine

old.jpg new.jpg

1983

To celebrate the centenary of the opening of the present Town Bridge over the River Parrett, which occurred in 1883, the Society arranged the fitting of lanterns at each corner of the bridge structure, of a style akin to those which had previously gone missing. pics© K Dewar

bridge.jpg lampgp.jpg
coach.jpg mayor.jpg
All content © Bridgwater & District Civic Society, unless otherwise stated. Contact us at [].